I want to visit this.: 
No votes yet


We stayed at a place called “Kyoto-ya” for the night. I slept really well, becoming instantly sleeping after diving under the covers. My head hurt a little when I woke up, though. Maybe because of yesterday’s heat?


Kyoto-ya is close to the train station and also has an onsen. 



The breakfast was a Japanese-style set with hot spring-boiled eggs and nattou (fermented soybean). The smell of nattou was a little hard to take in, but I didn’t think it smelled that bad. I also ate rice that tasted like it had cheese, mixing it with sauces like mustard and soy sauce. It was really delicious!



We went to Takeo Onsen at 8:50 AM. Apparently, the plan was to have 3 buildings but due to the lack of budget, this plan fell through. Instead, the building was painted bright red so that it can be seen from anywhere.



We went to the first floor to go see a really old bath tub. You can enter the bath but you’re not supposed to sit down, we just remained standing. If you take a bath here, you can go to the second floor after to relax, sleep, and more. 



Next, we went to Yutoku Inari Shrine. I got to wear a kimono! It was really cute and it didn’t feel hot at all while wearing it. I look Japanese, don’t I? Haha!



Afterwards, we went to a historical park. It was surrounded by big, pencil-like fences. There were also “birds” on top of some which tell the direction of the wind. This historical village was apparently lived in some 2,000 years ago with around 22 houses built by leaders, with approximately 7 persons in each house. The people here used to plant rice and vegetables and send them to the leader. This park is also said to be really beautiful during winter time.



After this we had sencha (tea leaves) and Japanese sweets. Both tasted like they were made from the finest ingredients. Apparently sencha is steeped for 1 minute and 30 seconds the first time you drink it, and only for 30 seconds for the second time.



Our dinner every night is delicious, but tonight seemed more delicious as I was able to drink a lemon highball for the first time. It tasted so good that I’ve grown to like it.



Lastly, we went to a light show set up by Saga Prefecture called “Night of Light.” It began at around 8:00 PM. The whole show was shown with glass for the screen and it was really beautiful. 


My Saga trip is now over! I had tons of fun and a full stomach each day. Thank you so much for letting me come here!


For more details and photos, click here (originally posted in Thai).



Related Links

Special Feature: 4-day, 3-night Saga Prefecture Tour Via Rental Car

Saga, A Travel Story: Day 1

Saga, A Travel Story: Day 2 



Updated: 2016-09-13 17:39
No votes yet
Updated: 2016-09-13 17:37
No votes yet
Updated: 2016-09-13 17:31
No votes yet
Updated: 2016-09-13 10:48
Average: 5 (1 vote)
Updated: 2016-09-13 10:48
Average: 3.5 (2 votes)